You know……..it is HARD to find good lakefront homes for sale in Orlando Florida. I’ve been searching for several days now for relatively new homes with lakefront and a pool. It also must have a dock for a boat and be a good lake for skiing.
My search encompassed Orange, Osceola and Polk counties for lakefront houses with at least 3,000 sq ft, 4 bedrooms up to $750,000. I figured there would be more than 2 that were suitable to my Buyer!!
Here are some interesting facts on lakes in Florida.
- There are an estimated 7,800 lakes in Florida that are greater than 1 acre in surface area. Of these, 35 percent are located in just four counties: Lake, Orange, Osceola, and Polk.
- Larger retention ponds sometimes are used by residents for boating and fishing and are considered by some to be lakes. (Not by me!)
- The classification of some water bodies as lakes is highly subjective. What one individual considers a “lake” another might consider a “pond.” Generally, any water-filled depression or group of depressions in the land surface could be considered a lake.
- Many lakes in Florida were formed by sinkhole activity and thus are called sinkhole lakes.
- Most Florida lakes are seepage lakes—nearly 70 percent of the lakes in Florida have no surface water streams flowing into or out of them.
So….if you are looking to purchase or sell a Lakefront Home in Central Florida you best give me a call. If not you could end up with one of these.
Golf Course Pond Retention Pond
Instead of this………………….
Fishing and skiing lake
Tutas Towne Realty, Inc
Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker
***The content of this blog is solely my opinion***
Copyright © 2009 http://www.brokerbryant.com/ | All Rights Reserved