Hi Folks. As some of you may know I have recently started working with Buyers. This is way out of my comfort zone BUT…. you gotta do what you gotta do!!!
Here’s a question for those of you that do this regularly……”Do listings agents regularly divulge confidential information about their Sellers?” Several times over the last few weeks I have had listing agents literally beg me to present an offer.
I know Sellers want us to do our best to get their properties sold but some of these agents have really stepped over the line. Here’s a list of some of the stuff I’ve had listing agents tell me when I called them for showing instructions:
- I know the house is priced at $550,000 but my Sellers will take way less than that. Just make them an offer.
- The Sellers are going through a divorce and really need to sell.
- If they don’t sell the house soon they will get foreclosed on.
- I haven’t had a closing in 5 months so please talk your Buyers into buying this house. I’m desperate!!
- They owe $325,000 and just want to break even. (It’s listed at $475,000!)
- Just have your Buyer make a low ball offer so I can get the Sellers to lower the price. They won’t listen to me.
Now folks, I find remarks like this very disconcerting. I don’t want to hear them and I don’t like being placed in a position of having to give my Buyers this information. It makes me feel like I am taking advantage of the Seller’s situation.
It’s also embarrassing to my chosen profession. I take being a REALTOR® very serious. Anyway, this post is just a reminder that no matter how difficult your financial situation is, you can NEVER put your need for a paycheck above the needs of your customer/client.
Don’t end up like those guys in that picture!! What say you?