Folks here are 5 reasons why retiring to Florida may be for you.
1. The weather, of course! Florida is known as the “Sunshine State” for the beautifully warm weather residents experience all year round. With a name like that, you can’t deny the gorgeous weather you’re sure to enjoy. Located in a tropical climate, Florida residents enjoy ample rain and sunshine throughout the year. As we all know, rain and sunshine make for the perfect recipe for a lush, green landscape, which is exactly what Florida has to offer.
2. The beaches. Florida is home to over 600 miles of beaches! Wouldn’t you love to spend your retirement exploring every beautiful beach in the state? Beaches not only offer a beautiful setting, but also provide a long list of activities. Sailing, walking the beaches and enjoying sunsets and sunrises could quickly become your daily activities.
3. Low cost of living. The overall cost of living in Florida is slightly lower than the national average, with Florida’s cost of living index at 98 and the national average at 100, according to Areavibes.com. In addition, Florida is one of the few states that have no state income tax, not to mention social security benefits are also not taxed.
4. Attractions and activities abound. Retiring in Florida is never boring! With Disney World, SeaWorld Orlando, Wellington Equestrian Center, Florida Aquarium, Orlando Magic, Spring Training games, and a long list of beaches and towns to explore, Florida residents never run out of new things to do!
5. Large number of 55-Plus residents. It’s no secret that Florida is a great place to retire, which is why so many retirees have moved to Florida to spend their golden years. This is great for potential Florida retirees, such as yourself, as it allows for many opportunities to meet and interact with others your age. It also means that there are a large number of 55-Plus communities in Florida to live in.
And of course if you are looking to retire to Florida there is no better place than SoliVita located in Poinciana/Kissimmee.
SoliVita. The place for active adults to enjoy all that Florida has to offer. Amenities include 2 par 72 golf courses at Stonegate Golf Club. The Riviera Spa and Fitness Center with full gym, indoor track, indoor aquatic center, 2 out door spas, heated pool, dance studio and much more.
Contact your Solivita Real Estate Broker today. That would be me 🙂