Christine Schneider wrote an article titled “When All is Said and Done”. If you haven’t already take a few minutes and pop over and read it. It’s basically about time management and how we can become overwhelmed if we don’t take some down time for ourselves.
I couldn’t agree more with what Christine is saying. I have always been excellent at managing my time and setting boundaries. Here are my thoughts on the topic and an outline of what works for me.
First I want to give you some facts:
- In our business we will NEVER be caught up.
- There are NO real estate emergencies.
- Setting boundaries and working less will increase your business and your income.
Once you get your head around these things you can then set a schedule that works for you and your life. For me:
- The first 2 hours of everyday belongs to me. I use this time for meditating and taking care of my mind and body.
- I rarely make appointments after 2pm
- I only work on Saturdays if I have an appointment. And I’m very selective who I give this time to.
- I never work on Sunday.
- I cut my phone OFF at 8pm every day.
As long as potential customer/clients know these things before they decide to hire me we never have any issues. If they can’t or won’t work within MY boundaries then I refer them out because I know our relationship will not work out. They will cost me time…..
…..time that would be better spent on folks that appreciate my boundaries. A better fit means a better working relationship. Which of course translates into getting the job done in less time. It’s simple.
Do NOT be foreclosed on! Avoid foreclosure. Short Sales DO close.
Want to find out more? www.CentralFloridaShortSales.com
***I am NOT an Attorney nor do I play one on TV. Click the button below for my Bio.
Copyright © 2010 http://www.brokerbryant.com/ | All Rights Reserved